Skip to content
How do I get Kingdom Scroll Assignments?
What SCA Year is it?
- May 1, 2014 – April 30, 2015 AS XLIX (49)
- May 1, 2015 – April 30, 2016 AS L (50)
- May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017 AS LI (51)
- May 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018 AS LII (52)
- May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019 AS LIII (53)
Who signs the scrolls?
- The Royalty does on all kingdom scrolls and the Kingdom Herald on all AoA’s and the 1st GoA, 1st PoA for the recipient. basically if it changes their title to a higher level then the herald is to sign.
- If you have received a scroll, please take care of it. It will have come in a scroll case. Until you have had it framed, please leave it in the case to keep it safe. Once the scroll has been framed, then feel free to return the case to either the Sylvan Signet or your local Scribal Guild Minister.
- If there are special care instructions, the scribe will have included them with the scroll.
- All scrolls should be hung out of direct sunlight.
- A lot of time (and the scribes personal funds to purchase supplies) go into each scroll. Please treat it with respect. And if you are so inclined, a thank you either in person or note is always appreciated.
- Care of Your Scroll
Beginner Scribe Information
- If you are a new scribe, you’ll want to read through the Sylvan Signet Policies and download a copy of the Red Book (the Signet reference guide).
- To get started, you can work on your own but going to your local (or near by group) scribes meeting is even better. This way, you have people that can help you put together your kit of supplies and answer questions. You can also get your first assignments.
- There are a lot of experiences, talented scribes in our Kingdom. They teach classes throughout the whole year and our Scribal University at Pennsic is renowned throughout the entire Known World. Many of them are also willing to work with people one on one.